- What is Functional Programming?
- Why Functional Programming?
Functional programming is a coding paradigm in which we define what to do instead of performing actions.
Here, we define the inputs that go into the function and the output that we expect from it.
You should have started getting the feel. You already know how to define functions from the course - ‘Introduction to Python Basics for Data Science.’
Why Functional Programming?
- It helps you avoid writing the same set of code again and again
- Once you have defined a set of instructions to do certain task, you can just call the same function wherever you want to perform the same action.
- Codes are more manageable and organized
- Other than the ‘user-defined function’ that you learned in the course - ‘Introduction to Python Basics for Data Science’ there are some other functional programming concepts.
- map(), filter(), lambda, etc.
- You will learn these three functional programming in upcoming topics.